When it was time to anchor our furniture because our little one was walking, I selected the Safety 1st Furniture Wall Straps. They had good reviews on Amazon, were less than $3 per a strap, and did little damage to walls/furniture. Install is pretty easy and took me about 15 minutes after I figured out what I was doing. I found the straps to work really well for most of our furniture, but decided to find another product for sentimental pieces that we did not want to drill holes into.
- Safety 1st Furniture Wall Straps (buy on Amazon)
- 1/8" Drill Bit
- Phillips Screw Bit
- Tape Measure
- Manufacturer Instructions (link).
- Step 1: Take a picture of your furniture before you start. This is really helpful to put it exactly where it was or if you have a bookshelf like ours with lots of nicknacks.
- Step 1: How to find a stud with a stud-finder (video).
- Step 1: Make sure you mark stud location on furniture or take good measurements for location.
- Step 3: You can measure from the floor to the top of your furniture and subtract nine inches rather than marking the height on the wall.
- Step 3: Mark the bracket holes with a pencil.
Full Disclosure: The Amazon affiliate links do give us some money from sales through Amazon which help pay for the web hosting of the site but only use them if it's a good deal for you. I like to use the links in posts because it provides good pictures of the products and up to date prices without having to update the post.